Working on art for now....

 I am sort of taking a break from music for a little while. It can get a little frustrating since it seems like I am in my own little world when it comes to it. You tend to question if it's even any good or not. I enjoy listening to it, so I suppose that is all that counts. 

Art was my first passion early in my life. I had a notebook of Garfield drawings that I had done. After that thought, I never really knew what to draw. My brother had his comics that he drew pretty early of a character named Raindrop. When he got older and in junior high or high school, he had another comic character named Harry. This was the birth of the "Harry" persona. He never did a whole lot with drawing after that, but his doodles in the side margins of school papers and work notes I have always liked. 

I had an art teacher in junior high that had her favorites, and everyone else was just a nobody. I tended to get in trouble in her class quite a bit over chewing gum. I took art for one week in high school, but ended up moving out of it. Music then starting being my "focus" around this time. 

I haven't felt very creative in the music area as of late, started playing with digital art on my iPad and have actually felt happy with what I have summoned up with it. Normally I get a group of "songs" together, and then scrounge around for artwork that'll fit with the "music". Maybe I will try the opposite approach and create "music" to work with the "artwork". 

Well here is some of the "art". I don't claim to be an artist or a musician, but I do like the creative part of it and hopefully it's all something unique and will all fit in a bigger work somehow. I think Jerry would've actually liked some of it....






These last two are the black and white versions of two of these. 





Comments

  1. It's good to hear from you again. Your art does seem like it would fit well with your music. I especially like the second and fifth ones. I have been playing my damn guitar every day for more than a year now. When I broke a little E string about a week ago, I realized that I hadn't changed the strings since around 2011. Still trying to get used to the new pick I bought off of Amazon with the strings... my old one was so worn that the pointed part was flat and I had just gradually adjusted my playing as it wore down...

    -Doug in Sugar Pine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Doug! Thanks for the reply and coming and looking.
      Back in high school, I was in to the big 3 bands of the industrial music, Skinny Puppy being one of those. They had 2 singles that they used Gustave Dore works for the covers. I have always really like Dore's engravings since then. The two that you pointed out remind me of aspects of his engravings. I have versions that are black and white of both that also look pretty cool too. I'll try and post those here too.

      I'm also one that doesn't that does not replace strings very often, especially on acoustic type guitars. I usually leave then on for a few years, though I cant remember the last time that I broke a string. I've gotten used to using a pick, I have bought numerous ones over the years, but I am so used to just using my fingers that I never use them. there is an odd finger pick and thumb pick that I do use ever so often.

      Delete

Post a Comment